Leak Tech is a division of H&S Constructors that provides 24 hour service in the most efficient, effective and safest manner possible. Below are a list of services we provide.
Services We Provide:
- Leak Repair
- Pipe Cutting
- Torquing and Bolting
- Stud Removal
- Flange Resurfacing
- Double block & Bleed test plugs
- 24 hour service
Types of Leaks Repaired:
- Valve Packing
- Valve Bonnets
- Valve Bodies
- Check Valves
- Compressor Casings
- Exchanger Head
- Welded & Threaded Connections
Leak Sealing Methods
Injecting valve packing, valve bonnets & stud bores: drill and tap the packing area, inject new packing as the service requires.
Composite wraps: to contain and prevent external corrosion while providing hoop strength to the corroded pipe
Mechanical clamps & enclosures: measure, engineer, fabricate and install clamp or enclosure; inject proper sealing compounds.
Drill, tap & peen when required.
Line stops (i.e. line kills, crimping & line freezing)
Torquing & Bolting: Hand or Hydraulic Tools
Hydraulic torque wrenches are Hytorc’s MXT & XLCT series.
Hand torque wrenches for smaller bolts requiring a lower torque value are Proto.
All hydraulic torque tools are run using Hytorc’s air powered torque pumps for safety, reliability & accuracy.
All technicians have been trained & certified with these tools to insure proper setup and use of all torquing equipment.
Pipe Cutting, Beveling & Flange Resurfacing
Tools used are Tri-Tool, Climax, Hydra tight, Meridian Portable Equipment, & ID and OD mount machines.
Hydra tight clam shells are OD mount machines that can simultaneously cut and bevel pipe. This machine can also do counter boring & flange resurfacing.
The Climax Modulathe is an OD mount machine used for flange resurfacing. All moving parts are enclosed by a caged housing for safety.
The Tri-Tool is an ID mount machine used for pipe beveling and flange resurfacing. These ID mount machines are self centering for a faster and easier setup.
The Flange Facer is an attachment for the Tri-Tool machine that allows for flange resurfacing.
All technicians have been trained with these tools to ensure proper installation and use will all equipment used.
Double Block & Bleed Test Plugs
Double block & bleed (DBB) Isolation Test Plug revolutionizes isolation and pipe testing. The DBB Plug allows an operator to positively isolate and monitor potentially explosive vapors (during hot work), then effectively hydro test the new weld connection with this easy to use tool. The aluminum/steel construction makes the tool highly portable and easy to position.
- Aluminum/Steel Construction
- 1.5:1 Safety Factor
- Reduces Non Destructive Examination
- Uses less than a gallon of water, reducing waste/treatment expense
How it Works:
- After determining the pipe & schedule size– Install DBB upstream (approx. 12”) of hot work area.
- Expand seals by tightening compression nut(s).
- Fill isolation zone (between seals) with inert gas or water & pressurize to 100 PSI.
- Monitor isolation zone & upstream pressure during hot work.
- After the weld cools, release the pressure and seal.
- Re-position isolation zone over weld area for Hydro test.
- Pressurize isolation zone to Hydro test limits (up to 2,250 PSI).
To contact our Leak Tech division 24/7:
970 Cantwell Ln
Corpus Christi, TX 78407
Office Phone: (361) 882-3232 (24/7)*